The Master of Entrepreneurship specialises in providing students with the knowledge and skills needed to:
- develop a full toolkit to build a high-growth startup company or social enterprise
- develop, launch and grow innovative enterprises
- successfully commercialise products and services
- develop the know-how in obtaining funding
- acquire business acumen and skills in leading your own business
- achieve financial independence
The Master of Entrepreneurship is an interdisciplinary University of Melbourne program offering subjects from the Faculty of Business and Economics, the custodial faculty for the degree, as well as the Melbourne School of Engineering.
WHO IS IT FOR?
Anyone who has great ideas and wants to take things further. This highly practical program is for creative, passionate and driven individuals who want to acquire the skills and knowledge to successfully commercialise products and services in a startup environment.
This is a bespoke degree for a small select group of students.
HOW WILL YOU LEARN?
Highly practical, the teaching will focus on ‘learning by doing’, through activities such as:
- Garage Project, an opportunity for students to fully develop a startup initiative
- Networking with investors, influencers and industry experts
- Seminars presented by successful entrepreneurs
- Applying design thinking knowledge to design new products and services
The course will have a maximum of 60 students, ensuring that learning can always be done in small groups with highly personalised attention from our academic experts, and small enough that when entrepreneurs and industry figures join, there is the opportunity to meet them personally.
The subjects are enormously practical and are taught in a highly interactive and hands-on ways. You will find yourself prototyping products, doing in-depth customer research, debating business models and pitching your best ideas.
Learn at the Wade Institute of Entrepreneurship, a thriving entrepreneurial precinct that brings together smart, curious, and ambitious minds. The Institute is a purpose-built centre designed to encourage collaboration between students, startups, industry and visitors from all around the world.
Class of 2017 snapshot:
- 12 different fields of study
- 60% female, 40% male
- 20% international students
- 60+ guest speakers
During the Masters, I had conversations with experienced entrepreneurs and rediscovered my drive to give it another go [after my first business failed]. This time I had the right mix of skillsets, strong networks and knowledge that I’ve built here at Wade.Rosh Ghadamian - 2016 cohort, Corrs Chambers Westgarth Scholarship Recipient.
Selection round dates for entry in Semester 1, 2019 (this program has only one intake per year):
Applications close: 8/4
Applications close: 20/5
Applications close: 29/7
Applications close: 19/11*
Interview: 28/11, 30/11
Shortlisted students are expected to be available to attend an interview on the above dates. Interviews will be held at The University of Melbourne, Parkville campus.
* Offshore international applicants: Please note that classes for the Master of Entrepreneurship commence in early February, 2019. For more information on student visas and processing times, please contact the Department of Immigration and Border Protection at www.border.gov.au.
Course code: MC-ENTR