200 point program
2 years full-time / part-time unavailable
1. In order to be considered for entry, applicants must have completed:
- an undergraduate degree in a cognate discipline, or equivalent, including studies in subjects related to Accounting and Finance; or
- an undergraduate degree with a minor sequence of study in a cognate discipline; and
- a statement of intent in seeking entry.
Meeting these requirements does not guarantee selection.
2. In ranking applications, the Selection Committee will consider:
- prior academic performance; and
- the applicant’s statement of intent.
3. The Selection Committee may seek further information to clarify any aspect of an application in accordance with the Admission and Selection into Course Policy.
4. The minimum English language requirements for this course are Band 6.5.
Students who discontinue from the Master of Management (including any of its named streams) but have successfully completed the requirements of the Graduate Certificate in Management or the Graduate Diploma in Management will be eligible to receive the Graduate Certificate in Management or the Graduate Diploma in Management, respectively, as an exit award.
View handbook entry
What is a Statement of Intent?
Your application must include a statement of intent of no more than 500 words. It should describe your personal motivation to undertake further study, and can include details of your personal circumstances as well as your life and work experiences. It should emphasise any aspect of your personal history that may enhance your application, including extra-curricular activity, community involvement, work experience, relevant personal characteristics and any outstanding achievements.
What are the English language requirements?
The University of Melbourne has a set of English language requirements which all applicants must meet. If you have completed a previous degree which was taught and assessed entirely in English you do not have to undertake a test.
Minimum scores and tests accepted
For English language tests, we require documentary evidence of having obtained the minimum scores within the previous 24 months.
IELTS: 6.5 (with no band less than 6.0)
TOEFL (paper test): 577 with TWE 4.5
TOEFL (internet): 79 with Writing 21, Speaking 18, Reading 13, Listening 13
Pearson Test of English (Academic): 58-64 inclusive and no communicative skill below 50